Friday, October 1, 2010

Creativity, by God!

Burning Bush Mezuzah, bronze- God spoke to Moses
I just came across a fortune I saved many years ago from a Chinese cookie. It's barely readable, but it's message is as strong as ever:

"The greatest joy is in creation"

I used to think about this all the time. Where do these ideas for art come from? What if I wake up one day and have no new ideas? What if I become a blank slate?

Well, to make a long story short, I believe that my creativity comes from the original Creator! It's a spirit that happily flows through my brain and my hands. So if I'm a blank slate or an empty vessel, I no longer worry. I know that the spirit of creativity that flows through me, through my hammer, through my saw, and through my pen, will always be replentished.  I'm not saying that I have nothing to do with this. Of course I have to work hard, and seek new ways of expressing myself. I take classes. I read everything I can get my hands on.  But most importantly, I just have to be open to receive that spirit and let the joy flow!

No comments:

Post a Comment