Monday, August 23, 2010

Blog Day 2

Just finishing up in the studio, waiting for lacquer to dry on a bronze mezuzah. Not too dissimilar to waiting for paint to dry!! Actually, I wanted to finish painting an area of my garage today, but the paint I had saved from another project had dried up in the can! Off to the hardware store tomorrow!

I'm one of the featured artists in a Judaica Art Show at the Finegood Art Gallery, in West Hills, CA. I'll put up a link. The show begins Sept. 2, and the artists' reception is on Sunday, Sept. 12 from 2-4pm.  I have to deliver the work that was selected to the Gallery on August 30. Each piece has a bright yellow card that must be filled out in order that labels will be typed.Thank you to whomever must do this task! It's extraordinary how much work is involved in setting up such a show. That is, aside from all the work involved in creating the pieces to be shown...

I will be showing some of my larger, more complex works, such as spice boxes, Miriam's Vessel, Torah pointers, etc. They are made of large amounts of sterling silver, and who knows when I'll be able to invest in that much silver again!  Whew!!!!

Let me know if there is something you would like me to discuss. I'm new at this, and value all suggestions. Perhaps techniques, history, jokes, etc.!!

Be well and stay cool!
   Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment